If buttery-soft skin is what you’re after, a good body lotion will do the trick.
Whether it’s in your arsenal for your post-shower pampering routine (which we highly recommend), an essential after a long day in the sun or the display piece that simply doesn’t leave your nightstand, some of the best body lotions are unmatched.
As one of the best products for dry skin, a quality body lotion will provide soothing relief for itchy, patchy and dull skin.
Luckily, we consulted three dermatologists to pull the best body lotions for dry skin, including recommended formulas for eczema and sensitive skin.
“I love that this product is fragrance-free and contains hyaluronic acid, ceramides and humectants for locking moisture into the skin,” Dr. Mack said. “It’s also an extremely affordable option for most of my patients, retailing at about $18.”
Not only is CeraVe one of the top dermatologist-recommended brands, but it’s also one we swear by, especially for its Foaming Facial Cleanser.
About this item
- NEA ACCEPTED – Accepted by the National Eczema Association
- DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED – Sarna is the #1 dermatologist recommended brand in the topical anti-itch category
- NO PRESCRIPTION NEEDED – The strongest anti-itch medication available over-the-counter
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN – Contains no steroids, no parabens and no fragrances
- INTENSIVE RELIEF – Soothes itching from eczema and dry skin conditions
- TARGETED RELIEF – Can be applied directly to the site of the itching for targeted relief
- DAILY MOISTURIZER – Helps restore moisture to skin and is gentle enough for daily use
“This is an oldie, but a goodie,” Dr. Mack suggests. “For people suffering from itchiness, Sarna helps to alleviate the sensation of itch with its active ingredient pramoxine hydrochloride.”Plus, this formulation is free from steroids, parabens and fragrances.
“AmLactin Daily Lotion has ingredients in it that improve the function of aquaporin channels in the skin, making the skin barrier healthier along the way,” Dr. Mariwalla explains. “Not only will this smooth skin but it makes the appearance look less crepy and more firm.”
According to Dr. Mark, AmLactin is at the top of the totem pole for “exfoliation” and “hydration.” Specifically, this formula is superb for containing lactic acid, a humectant, which is ideal for locking in moisture on dry, rough skin.
About this item
- Aveeno Positively Ageless Firming Body Lotion provides all-day moisturize while visibly improving skin’s texture and elasticity
- The unique formula of this anti-aging body lotion combines shiitake mushroom complex and wheat protein to improve skin’s texture for visibly firmer-looking, more resilient skin
- This skin-firming body lotion absorbs quickly with a non-greasy feel and is clinically shown to provide firmer-looking skin in just 2 weeks
- It features a light fragrance and is intended for daily use to help lock in moisture so your skin feels softer and smoother all day long
- From the dermatologist-recommended skincare brand for over 65 years, Aveeno uses the goodness of nature and the power of science to keep skin healthy and balanced
“This cream is loaded with amino acids and a shiitake complex to support collagen and elastin production for firmer skin,” Dr. Mariwalla said.
For continued soothing, you can apply Aveeno’s formula at all points of the day as it’s a nonabrasive and reliable formula for the masses.
“The amazing action of this emollient meets the ease of application of a spray,” Dr. Mariwalla said. “It’s wonderful for kids and adults on the run — especially for the legs and back.” And, if you’re looking for a spray, this formula is formulated without harsh chemicals.